Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Starting to Build

Unfortuneatly the UPS guy came yesterday when no one was home so I had to wait until today to get the rest of my parts. Everything looks really good, especially the mango colored King headset. The only disappointment of the bike so far is that the tires have a red strip around the bead and I am not sure how good that is going to look with all of the orange accessories, but this is only a minor detail. I may end up getting some larger volume tires as well cushion the ride some anyway so if I do that I can just throw these on the geared bike, which needs new tires as well. Now that everything is here I am starting to build up the bike. I started earlier this evening by spraying the frame down with Framesaver and I am now waiting on it to dry. I already have the water bottle cages mounted on the frame and am hoping to get a couple of more parts on later tonight. The frame needs to sit and dry for a couple of hours but after that I am hoping to get the bottom bracket installed on the frame and get a few of the other parts ready to go on. Then I can throw the rest of the bike together fairly quickly tomorrow and sneak in a test ride before it gets dark. Here is a picture of this thing of beauty waiting to dry.


No comments: