Monday, July 23, 2007

Pictures and a new part

Last night I bought one of the final Ebay parts for the new bike, the crankset. I ended up getting a great deal on a brand new FSA Afterburner triple crankset instead of the Truvativ SS specific crank that I was planning on. It retails for about $240 and I payed $108 plus shipping. That includes the bottom bracket as well because this crank has the integrated external bearings. I'm not sure if I like the silver arms on this one as much as the black arms of the other cranks that I was considering but the bearings should be more reliable than Truvativ or RaceFace. I'll have to wait and see how it looks on the bike. Hopefully I can get some brake levers and new carbon bars in the next couple of days. Once I get those it will be time to order the frame and remaining parts. I expect this bike to be built and ready to ride in two weeks or so. Per Steve's request, here are some pictures of the one I used to love.





No comments: