Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pulled the Trigger

Another sweet addition to the bike came last night when I won a set of carbon handlebars. They are the Monkeylite SL model which are at the very top of Easton's lineup. They are unbelievably light at only 135g (4.75 oz). This was the last big thing that I was really looking for on Ebay so I decided that it was time to move on from the hunter gatherer phase of this bike build and ordered everything else that I needed for now. It looks like this entire project is going to end up only costing me a little over $1200, not bad considering that this includes a workstand and some tools in addition to a top notch bike. All I need left to buy is a new set of pedals, seatpost, and a couple of water bottles. Hopefully I can snag some pedals and a seatpost off of Ebay soon or I can just use the ones from the Fisher. I am going to need to have a little bit of the labor done at a shop so I can pick up some bottles then. Nothing to do now but sit and wait for the mailman.

One of the reasons I am so anxious to get this bike built is that I still haven't heard anything from the shop about my new GF frame. I saw a thread here about a guy that broke his GF Rig in the same spot as mine (great design their Gary) and was told that they are out of those frames for 07. I am afraid that the same thing might be happening with the Tassajara and I do not want to wait any longer to ride than I have to. It has already been a month since my last good ride which is way too long.

No comments: